“Sweet Backs Bad Ass Song,” is a movie that I would
not have chosen to watch on my own. The
beginning of the movie was weird and a bit too X-rated for my taste. I did not get a chance to see the entire movie,
but I did see several parts of the movie.
Sweet Back seem to be a character that ended up with a strange life but
was a pleaser to all the women he met.
However, he did not have a good representation with the police
department, maybe because the police department was crooked. When he had enough and killed those two
police officers, his life changed into a great big run for his life. All the people he met, either ended up dead
or hurt from the bad police that were trying to track Sweet Back down. The arrangement of this movie was
strange. It was a lot going on in the
movie, and little to understand. Some
parts of the movie, I wondered, “Why is that in this movie.”
I was able to watch portions of Van Peebles’ son’s version of the
movie. The commentary helped me
understand Mr. Peebles ideas and process of producing his movie. The thought process to save money and use
porn cinematographers to film his film was an intelligent move to avoid a high
spending movie. When he found a way to
prevent the producers from having said about his movie without making he stand
out was unique. I also could not get the
running in the dessert until I listen to his commentary. I did not get the purpose of the movie until
I saw some of the outskirts of the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment